Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's been a while, hiking sketch

So last time I posted I mentioned that I wasn't sure about having this be a painting a day, because I was cramming in crappy paintings. Now that I'm in school, it's definitely not going to work. I'm not a fine artist, I'm an illustrator, and any daily paintings I do are usually working towards a studio painting, so I decided to transform this into a sketchblog instead. I always enjoy sketchblogs, so I figured if anyone liked my work, my might enjoy mine as much as I've enjoyed other artists' in the past.

So today I went hiking at sunrise. Joe's been sick so he couldn't come with me this time. The hike was easy, but the wind was really strong. I had brought my gouache and watercolors with me to do sketchbook paintings along the way, and I did this one relatively quickly with my little water color set while the wind threatened to whip my sketchbook out of my hands and the water out of my cup. It was a bit challenging to get out. I didn't do any more after this, and I thought it was shit until I came home. I actually like it quite a bit, and now I'm mad at myself for not doing more. I'll have to remember that my little paintings look better than I think they do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment